Drape Seat by ::R:a:W:A:g:e:

     




                                                                     


Greetings, world.
Today I'll be reviewing the Drape Seat by :::R:a:W:A:g:e which retails for $1375(5.50 USD) on the Marketplace and in-world store. A big shout to ::R:a:W:A:g:e: for sponsoring this review! But of course this does not mean that I'll be lenient in any regard as our examination depends on the product's performance itself as it's my mission to bring you a honest recommendation.
1. Texture options: The Drape seat comes in multiple colors and textures which look pleasing to the eye. The default option which you get when you first rez the seat gives you a classic soft shade which blends in with most environments as well which is what I used for the photo above as nothing gives me the same soothing feeling as the values of blue and white. However, the changing of the texture isn't as orthodox as simply putting on a HUD and selecting whichever value you want. It uses a different system where you have to left click on the item and hold the mouse button for three seconds. This can be somewhat difficult or tedious as the average person would be trying to find the texture menu inside the scripts of the product or simply think the HUD that changes the colors must be missing. We live in a time where people would sell their soul accidently because they don't read the terms and conditions for anything. So why would someone read the notecard of a product they bought? This isn't consumer friendly at all as creators should spend time making things as simplistic and traditional as possible rather than trying out something new for a thing as basic as changing the color. 

2. Addons: The product offers integration for the physics cock, aeros, IT'S NOT MINE system and the "V" vagina which definitely work well. I made use of the physics cock when playing around with the seat and I saw that it integrated well as my manhood's poses required with little to no manipulation required from my side. Though one thing I don't like is how the product The product locks "IT'S NOT MINE" options for you as it decides for you where you are suppose to cum instead of you selecting the options yourself. This is a feature I find very tedious honestly and discourage SL creators to refrain from adding as I like control over where I'm aiming at. I do not need an "Aim-lock" in my SL and FPS environment. I know that you can always open up the scripts of any product and delete INM scripts from it but I find this very tedious to do so. 

3. Animations: I can honestly say that the animations provided by this product are indeed top-notch. There have been other sex furniture products that I've reviewed before which left me either 50-50 or disappointed but that didn't happen in this case as the Drape seat provides a great selection of poses which mix n match a penchant for both soft and rough play. My favorite pose out of all of them were the back and frontal riding positions which I snapped a picture in for this review. The only valid criticism that I can give for some of the animations provided for "roughplay" don't feel natural at all, they feel like two stickmen being smashed together by an invisible party over and over again. Even the most rough and penetrative sex doesn't look as unnatural as the one demostrated in some of the poses that the Drape seat has as it starts to come off as more cartoonish in a Looney Toones fashion than something sensual or erotic. I'd work on some of these animations further to make them flow more naturally instead of poor avatars getting grinded until their bones break due to excessive humping. This isn't a deal breaker for me as not all animations suffer from this ailment and you can still enjoy the ones for both soft and rough-play. The only problem is that these particular animations just go too far in their attempt. 
The one thing that I admire about the product is the limited availbility of animations provided where the creator did not just put beat up looking poses in there to fufill any advertising quota or load up with bloatware where some animations are good but the majority are awful. This is something definitely more SL developers should adopt as it's way better to have animations which you think are quality only being given to your customers. This is definitely something Rawage did so hats off.

4. Adjustments: The avatar adjustments in this product are simply awful. The average SL height for both females and males is in between the ranges of 6.5FT to 7.5FT. A large majority of the poses from the animations menu either make the avatars float away from the seat which you need to bring down manually via the -Z button or your genital's would be too far away from your partner's bratwurst or beef curtains which is also a pain as you would need to move back n fourth in order to make the animation synchronize. It's not that big of a deal with most SL furniture as the products that I own usually only require me to do a little manipulation with the adjustments which is perfectly fine but in this case you would need to spend more time than the average SL furniture which is a big drawback if you think it will ruin the mood. I personally don't mind but I can see how some people out there might as I will definitely suggest the creator try to make the adjustments better so people don't float on top of the seat. It's a seat, not a zero gravity machine.

Final Verdict:
In the end, I would say that while the product does suffer from some quirks here and there. I would still recommend it as it's priced exactly right. It's a mid-range product which tries it's best to deliver what it sets out to do which is to provide animations for your ERP leisure where you indeed can use the majority of them instead of just some. Your expectations with any product in life whether it's a virtual one, a video game or anything really comes down to price in the end. The higher the price, the more soaring high the expectations. The lower the price, the more sinking of expectations down to the ground. If it was priced higher than $1375, I wouldn't recommend it until the adjustments were worked on some more but for the price and the quality you get. It's a steal so I will suggest you get it. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Fair: Entry #5 Silver/Gold

Vintage Fair 2022: Entry #4 Peace

Vintage Fair 2022: Entry #7 Lounge